A group of Helios volunteers developed these guidelines at a potluck in 2017. These are the ways that we commit to treating each other. Community standards are meant to grow and change over time. If you would like to add or edit please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) The three sisters method of gardening beans, squash, and corn, can - yields more together than when planted separately. The whole is more than the sum of its parts. The pieces fit together better than you think.
2) If you want to go fast go alone; if you want to go far go in a group. Growth is a group activity.
3) Sharing positive feelings with people and addressing and accommodating people in ways that feel good to them.
4) It's ok not to know something or be able to answer a question. We can learn together. It's ok to be wrong or to have a bad day.
5) It's ok to ask about the gender pronouns that people use like she/her, he/him, they/them, ze/ hir, eux, or ille. It's also ok not to know the answer or not to answer.